The metaverse is a virtual world created by combining enhanced physical reality and physically persistent virtual space, including the sum of all virtual worlds, augmented realities, and the internet.
Here are the top ten skills that companies may look for when using the metaverse internally and externally:
- Virtual reality design: Being able to design and build immersive virtual environments that are visually appealing and functional will be necessary for creating successful experiences in the metaverse.
- 3D modeling: Being able to create 3D models of objects, characters, and environments will be necessary for building and populating the metaverse.
- Animation: Creating lifelike animations and movements will be necessary for bringing characters and objects to life in the metaverse.
- User experience design: Designing and optimizing the user experience for virtual reality will be crucial for creating engaging and intuitive experiences in the metaverse.
- Game design: Having a background in game design and understanding how to create fun and engaging experiences will be necessary for creating successful metaverse applications.
- Virtual event production: Planning, organizing, and executing virtual events in the metaverse will be necessary for companies looking to use the metaverse for events and conferences.
- Virtual customer service: Providing excellent customer service in a virtual environment will be important as companies look to use the metaverse to interact with customers.
- Virtual sales: Effectively selling products and services in a virtual environment will be significant as companies look to use the metaverse for e-commerce.
- Virtual training: Being able to design and deliver training programs in the metaverse will be necessary for companies looking to use the metaverse for employee training and development.
- Virtual team management: Effectively managing and collaborating with team members in a virtual environment will be necessary for companies using the metaverse for remote work.
Meta, Microsoft, and NVIDIA are all actively working on building and developing metaverses.
Meta is a company focused on creating augmented reality (AR) technology and building the metaverse. They have developed a platform called Metaverse Studio that allows users to create and publish AR content and a hardware product called Meta 2, an AR headset. Meta is also working on creating a virtual world called MetaverseX, a decentralized, open platform for AR and virtual reality (VR) content.
Microsoft is another company that is actively working on building the metaverse. They have a division called Mixed Reality that is focused on creating immersive AR and VR experiences. Microsoft has developed several products and technologies related to the metaverse, including the HoloLens AR headset, the Windows Mixed Reality platform, and the Azure spatial anchors platform, which allows developers to build AR and VR experiences that are anchored to the physical world.
NVIDIA is a company known for its graphics processing units (GPUs), which are used in many devices and applications related to the metaverse, including AR and VR headsets, gaming computers, and cloud-based applications. NVIDIA is also developing technologies related to the metaverse, such as the Omniverse platform, a collaboration and simulation platform that allows users to create and share 3D content in real-time.
The skills that are necessary for working on metaverses, such as virtual reality design, 3D modeling, animation, user experience design, game design, virtual event production, virtual customer service, virtual sales, virtual training, and virtual team management, will likely be used in different ways by Meta, Microsoft, and NVIDIA as they work on building and developing metaverses.
For example, these companies will likely use virtual reality design skills to create immersive and visually appealing virtual environments for the metaverse. 3D modeling skills will be used to create 3D models of objects, characters, and settings that can be used in the metaverse. Animation skills will be necessary for creating lifelike movements and animations for characters and objects in the metaverse.
In conclusion, the metaverse is a virtual world that combines enhanced physical reality and physically persistent virtual space. It can revolutionize how we live, work, and interact with each other. Companies may look for specific skills when using the metaverse internally and externally, including virtual reality design, 3D modeling, animation, user experience design, game design, virtual event production, virtual customer service, virtual sales, virtual training, and virtual team management.
As the metaverse continues to evolve and grow in popularity, these skills will likely become increasingly in demand.